Thursday 23 May 2013

RHS Malvern Spring Show Part1

Well much to my shame it has been several months since my last blog. Grey skies and strong winds are neither the photographers' or gardener's best friend.
After a lovely Bank Holiday with glorious weather my hopes were high for a couple of warm sunny days back in my beloved Malvern. However, it was not to be.
As on my visit to the Autumn Show conditions were gloomy but this time not improved by the addition of a strong, cold wind.




The Floral Marquee proved to be the best option to start to take some photographs and despite the poor growing conditions there were some magnificent displays. One of the first I encountered as I stepped in out of the wind was this wonderful display of tulips.



This display from Don Billington was absolutley fascinating. Some wonderful bromeliads in some show stopping colours.




A gorgeous display of Violas from Graeme and Pauline Iddon. I was enchanted by their little faces.

Viola Sorbet Morpho
Viola Sorbet Desert Fire


Viola Sorbet Denim




Auriculas from Cresent Plants of Hereford.

The Auricula Theatre



The display that won Best Floral Marquee Exhibit was this amazing collection of Cacti and Succulents by Southfield Nurseries.



Mammillaria hertrichiana


The calming, simplicity of Bonsai from Derbyshire Bonsai


These plants were new to me - Pleione - from Ian Butterfield in Bourne End, Bucks (no website as far as I can tell).

Pleione Britannia 'Doreen'








No comments:

Post a Comment